Haunted House Trio – Behind the Stitcheshttps://www.kaylinmurraydesigns.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/IMG_4191-Edit-2-1024x577.jpg 1024 577 admin admin https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/5ba15d0b6c7f012425a020c91de9ce99?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Happy FALL! I have been looking for a series of cross stitches that I could switch out throughout the year, when I saw the House Trio Series from Waxing Moon Designs, I just knew that was going to be my series!
I started with the Haunted House Trio and am SO excited to continue to stitch these!
Since I stitched my Haunted House on 14 count black aida, I made quite a few changes, so below is a breakdown of those:
Probably the most obvious change I made was replacing the “HAUNTED” at the top of the pattern with “HALLOWEEN” from the Halloween House Trio. Since I wouldn’t be able to display both patterns at the same time I chose the Haunted House rather than the Halloween House but still wanted it to say Halloween 😊
The pattern calls for 30 ct beige linen but I had 14 ct black aida on hand so I decided to use that instead.
The pattern calls for Weeks Dye Works Threads, and I used all DMC (there is a DMC conversion listed in the pattern but since I was stitching on black fabric I had to change a lot of those as well. Since I didn’t make a one to one conversion I listed out below the DMC I used and where on the pattern I used it:
|DMC Color||Where it’s used|
|E940||Border, White in Banners, Ghost, Moon|
|208||Purple in Banner|
|947||Orange in Banner, Halloween text|
|413||Tops of chimneys, Fence|
|3021||Roof, Bats, Owls|
For any item that appears in the stitch that is not listed above the called for DMC from the pattern was used.
If you are eagled eyed you may have caught the fact that I used a DMC Effects floss for a big portion of the stitch, I decided to use glow in the dark for any of the white parts of the stitch and it turned out so cool. I have hear horror stories about how difficult some of the speciality DMC can be to use but I had no problems with the glow and the dark floss, plus it turned out really cool!
Here is the stitch round up